Rifts®: Megaversal Highway™
Archetype: Threshold Guardian turned Sidekick.
Alignment: Scrupulous (good).
Motivation: Live peacefully and never have to kill again.
Disposition: Rather skittish, jittery, but humble and friendly.
Race: Mutant Bush Baby.
Age: 4; 3 years as a Mega-Juicer.
Height: 10 inches long; 4 inch tall and 6 inch tail.
Appearance: Adorable black and white Bush Baby with a chiseled human physique and a long thin tail ending in a while tuft.
Level of Experience: 5th level of experience.
Affiliations/Factions: Doctor Bastardstro
Attributes: I.Q. 8, M.E. 15, M.A. 11, P.S. 25 (supernatural), P.P. 27, P.E. 26, P.B. 13, Spd. 104
Attribute Bonuses/Penalties: Can carry 1,250lbs and can lift 2,500lbs, + 6 to strike, + 6 to dodge, + 6 to parry, + 6 to save vs disease, + 6 to save vs drugs, + 6 to save vs pain, + 6 to save vs poison, + 6 to save vs magic, + 22% to save vs coma & death.
Damage: Inflicts 4D6 S.D.C. on a restrained punch, 2D6 M.D. on a full strength punch, or 4D6 M.D. on a power punch (counts as two melee attacks).
Hit Points: 34 on S.D.C. worldly only.
S.D.C.: 453 on S.D.C. worldly only.
Horror Factor: None.
Attacks/Actions per Melee: 8.
Combat Bonuses: + 8 on initiative, + 8 to strike, + 8 to disarm, + 9 to pull punch, + 14 to dodge (+ 6 to automatic dodge), + 14 to parry, + 11 to roll with impact.
Saving Throw Bonuses: + 6 to save vs Horror Factor, + 12 to save vs drugs, + 6 to save vs disease, + 6 to save vs pain, + 6 to save vs poison, + 5 to save vs psionics, + 6 to save vs mind control, + 3 to save vs magic, + 6 to save vs poison, + 6 to save vs magic, and + 42% to save vs coma & death. Impervious to pain, disease, and the normal ranges of heat and cold.
Natural Abilities – Mutant Bush Baby
1. Advanced Vision. Can see twice as long as a normal person.
2. Advanced Hearing. Can hear very faint sounds (light footsteps, small animals breathing). The character can also overhear conversation at a much greater distance than is normally possible. + 1 on initiative.
3. Nightvision (2,000 feet).
4. Full Humanoid Physique.
5. Prehensile Tail. The tail is 10 inches long, has the same P.S., has 20 S.D.C. of its own, provides one extra attack per melee round (only when the tail is used for one of the attacks that round) and functions as a partial hand.
6. Leaping: Rodent. Can 1.2 feet high or lengthwise and height-wise, and four times leaping down from a height (no injury, lands on feet or all fours).
7. Nocturnal. Some characters can not shake their ancestors’ nighttime sleep cycle. Which means the character’s internal clock is backward, being awake and alert at night, and sleepy and dull during the day. No matter what, the character is just not as sharp during the day as he is at night even if he tries to force himself to sleep during the night and function during the day: -2 on initiative, -1 to strike, -1 to dodge, and -5% on skill performance during the day time. Eyes are also larger than normal (-1 to P.B .) and the eyes are sensitive to bright light.
8. Sense Nemesis. 150 feet; + 10 feet per level of experience. 3 minutes. The psionic character uses this ability to scan for unknown trouble and for the activity of opponents, particularly an old nemesis or rival. Unlike Danger Sense, where the psychic gets only a vague idea of immediate danger, Sense Nemesis gives the psychic the exact location of the danger/nemesis even if said individual is hiding (“There. He’s up there, in the bell tower.”).
When facing an enemy, the psionic will have a “sense” of where the enemy(s) is (ahead, behind, up, down, circling around, behind that tree, etc.) as well as when that opponent is about to attack (+ 1 to dodge surprise attacks by that individual and the psychic automatically has the initiative). Likewise, when this power is activated the psychic will instantly recognize the handiwork of an old nemesis (“Major Talbot is responsible for this. I’m sure or it.” or “Black Viper killed this man … and he’s nearby, I can feel it.”).
There is also a 7% chance per level of the psychic that he will be able to specifically identify an unknown/unseen opponent without the slightest hint of trouble, provided they have met or battled in the past. (“Black Viper is here. He’s watching us. I feel it. He’s among those trees, waiting for me.”) The sensation is especially strong and unmistakable from longtime rivals and nemeses.
Sense Nemesis will not reveal the exact location or the clear identity of the threat if the opponent is using either a Mind Block or an Alter Aura (although the character will sense “danger” and the general area from which it will come). Nor will this power detect Astral Beings. The character must specify that Sense Nemesis is being activated in order for it to work. It does not work automatically.
9. Danger Sense. 90 feet. One minute (4 melee rounds). The Danger Sense is a psychic intuition that provides a precognitive flash concerning imminent danger to himself or someone near him (within 30 feet/9.1 m). This includes hidden ambush, snipers, traps, a predatory animal stalking from the shadows, a poisonous snake, land mine, or dangerous situations (bridge can not support his weight, etc.). Danger Sense does not indicate what or where the danger might be, just that it exists and is imminent. Ultimately, it should put the character on alert that something is wrong and he must be careful and ready to act quickly (+ 2 on initiative to respond to the threat, + 1 to dodge). Note: The character must specify when the power is being used. It does not work automatically.
Special O.C.C. Abilities – Mega-Juicer:
1. Super Endurance. Can remain alert and operate at full efficiency for up to seven days without sleep. Normally needs only three hours of sleep per day.
2. Super Strength. Strength becomes P.S. 25.
3. Super Speed. Can leap 30 feet (9.1 m) across after a short run (half that from a dead stop) and 20 feet (6.1 m) high (half without a short run).
4. Super Reflexes and Reaction Time. + 4 to roll with punch, fall or impact; + 4 on initiative, gets an automatic parry or dodge on all attacks, even from behind/surprise. Add two extra attacks per melee, and add + 7 to P.P. attribute.
5. Saving Throw Bonuses. See Saving Throws.
6. Enhanced Healing. Regenerates 2D6 M.D.C. every hour, + 20% to save versus coma/death. Virtually impervious to pain, disease, and normal ranges of heat and cold.
7. Low Life Span – Burnout! Mega-Juicers have the same life span of normal Juicers, with one small difference. After the 5th year of service, there is a cumulative 15% chance per month that the Mega-Juicer will undergo a psychic overload. First, his eyes will start glowing so brightly that not even sunglasses or mirrored face plates will obscure them. Then, his entire skin will start to glow. In 1D4 weeks after these first symptoms, the glow will burn anybody or anything that comes into physical contact with the Juicer, inflicting 2D6 S.D.C. and igniting highly flammable materials.
1D4 weeks later, the energy aura will be hot enough to inflict 1D6 M.D.! The very earth will melt into lava, leaving flaming footsteps behind as the Juicer walks on it. At first, this fire will not harm the Juicer, but 1D6 days after the flames become mega-damage energies, the Juicer will start suffering damage every day (4D6 M.D. per day, which cannot be regenerated), until he is consumed by his own rampant energies! Even worse, if the Juicer is killed or dies at any of these stages, he will explode, inflicting 4D6 × 10 M.D. to a 30 foot (9.1 m) radius. There is no
known cure for the burnout; most Mega-Juicers who start showing symptoms will be killed (from a safe distance) or exiled into the wilderness.
Language Other: American at 100% (98%)
Language Other: Ikanthy/Black Wolf Tribe at 100% (98%)
Radio: Basic at 70%
Wilderness Survival at 60%
Land Navigation at 55%
Bicycling/Uni-cycling at 70%
Parachuting at 70%
W.P. Energy Rifle (+ 3 to strike; + 1 at levels 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15)
W.P. Quick Draw (+ 3 on initiative)
W.P. Targeting (+ 2; + 1 to strike at levels 7 and 10)
Hand to Hand: Expert (5th; + 1 attack/action per melee, + 2 to strike, + 3 to pull punch, + 3 to dodge, + 3 to parry, + 2 to roll with impact)
O.C.C. Related Skills: Plus one at 6, 9 and 12.
Acrobatics (+ 2 to roll with impact)
× Sense of Balance at 80%
× Walk Tightrope or Highwire at 72%
× Basic Prowl at 55%
× No Fear of Heights
Climbing at 85%
× Rappelling at 75%
Gymnastics (+ 2 on roll with impact)
× Sense of Balance at 62%
× Work Parallel Bars & Brings at 72%
× Back Flip at 82%
Juggling (+ 1 on initiative)
Tumbling (+ 2 to roll with impact)
× Back-flip at 55%
× Pole Vault (12 feet) at 70%
× Use Stilts (15 feet) at 70%
Boxing ( + 1 attack/action per melee, + 2 to dodge, + 2 to parry, + 1 to roll with impact)
Identify Plants & Fruit at 40%
Secondary Skills: Plus one at levels 6 ,9 and 12.
Athletics: General (+ 1 to dodge, + 1 to parry, + 1 to with impact)
Begging at 42%
Cybernetics: Basic at 45%
Rope Works at 50%
Swimming at 75%
Magical Knowledge: None.
Spell Strength: Not applicable.
Psionic Powers: Counts as a Major Psychic (save vs psionics 12 or higher). See Racial Abilities.
Vulnerabilities: Nocturnal and small size.
Armor: Small-scale Mega-Juicer Combat Armor (91 M.D.C.).
Weapons: 4 E-Clips.
Equipment: Bio-comp, bio-data and bio-feedback implants, drug harness and drug supply (usually needs to be replenished once or twice a year), portable IRMSS kit, set of fatigues, utility belt, backpack, sunglasses, canteen, compass, and personal items.
“Copyright © 1990, 2005 and 2013 Palladium Books Inc. & Kevin Siembieda; all rights reserved world wide. No part of this work may be sold, distributed or reproduced in part or whole, in any form or by any means, without written permission from the publisher. All incidents, situations, institutions, governments and people are fictional and any similarity to characters or persons living or dead is strictly coincidental."